Saturday, August 09, 2008

Life lessons by Max Lucado

We have started a little Bible study – Josh and I talked about it months ago, as we both realized we were slacking off in our spiritual lives and were subsequently experiencing the negative effects in our lives. I found a series of study guides that I found really inspiring, and we finally made the group study happen.

The study guides are titled “Life lessons with Max Lucado”. I am currently studying the “Book of Philippians” life lessons, which is a “Guide to Joy”. I encourage you to check out this line of study materials. I have been a Lucado fan for a long time – I have most of his books (thanks in part to my mom who is always vigilantly looking for books for me) – and was excited when I saw these new materials. And he did not disappoint.

The questions are great, really make you think, and much of the time, kick my butt in terms of….”Do I really have to answer that question?”…”No, I don’t really want to address that issue in my life right now…”

For example, one question went something like this…”If Paul were to write you a letter about your prayer/spiritual life, what would he say to you? What habits or qualities would he praise?”
Another…
“How much of an encouragement to others is your normal response to difficulty?”
And another…
“If humbling oneself and serving the needs of others requires no special training or gifting, why is it so rare?”

So, check it out when you get the chance.
~Jess~

No comments: