Thursday, April 10, 2008

Let's do this already....



Hey everyone, it is Brent checking in with my first UGA football update. I know, I know... I haven't been very good at staying on top of my blogging commitments. I have good intentions, but I don't ever seem to follow through. I don't understand it... I am managing IT projects with the company that I work for and I do a weekly status like clockwork. I need to incorporate this same energy into my blogging duties. I will try to be better and add at least 1 entry every 2 weeks. Come football season, I will more than likely do a weekly update on the DAWGS.

Now... for a preview:

Man, the spring game was awesome. Georgia looked very good on offense and I am excited about all of the weapons that Stafford will have at his disposal this year. We didn't get to see all of the receivers, but it was pretty exciting to see how accurate his arm has become. He has always had a cannon... he just needed to add some touch. He looked like he had a great feel for the receivers during this scrimmage.

As for our running backs.... man, I can't wait to see KnoMo and Caleb King- CaKi (nah, doesn't work) with that 1-2 punch. I know KnoMo is the man, but wait to you see Caleb run the pill. I know many of you don't want to hear it, but this cat is going to be as good, if not better, than KnoMo. Either way, we are going to be tight in the running department. Richard Samuel and Dontavious Jackson are going to make some noise as well.

On a not so great note, our defense did look a little suspect during the scrimmage. However, in my opinion, how can you really get up for a game when you can't go full speed? Trust me, Cox would have been killed on 3 or more occassions. Overall, I still think the "D" did well considering they had the training wheels on.

Well, I just wanted to take baby steps to get back in the swing of things, so my first blog for 2008 has come to an end. I know this is not very organized, but I knew I had to post this pic of KnoMo. Anyway, I will see you back here in 2 weeks or less.

Brent

2 comments:

JDRichSLP said...

I KNOW you did not just say that Caleb King was going to be better than KnoMo!!! He may have some specific skill sets that are impressive, but they are different than KnoMo's, not necessarily better AND no one, I repeat no one, will ever match his heart for the game!!! You better back up off my #24!!!!!
Still love you though
Jess

Jill, Chuck, and Andrew said...

It is about time that you updated this thing. I mean, I update my blog all the time. By the way, please don't be talking about KnoMo that way! I would hate to have to beat up my own brother and all!