Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter Weekend

It has been quite a whirlwind. My Pops was rushed to the ER early Fri morn w/ difficulty breathing. He is fine now - released on Saturday - thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Jonathan spent most of the day with me - he met my students at the middle school where I work, and seemed to really enjoy the experience. Kobi watched after my bro while I attended a service with my father. The service was a Tenebrae, a musical service in which the events leading up to the death of Christ are expressed via music and scripture reading by candlelight. Very powerful. One of my favorite songs was included in the musical score - "How deep the father's love for us". My favorite verse of this song was excluded, but it played in my head anyway, and I will share it with you.

"I will not boast in anything - no gifts, no power, no wisdom. But I will boast in Jesus Christ - his death and resurrection. Why should I gain from this reward? I cannot give an answer. But this I know with all my heart - his wounds have paid my ransom."

Later that night, Jonathan, Kobi, and I watched a movie - Take the Lead. It was pretty good - dancing, drama, etc. The next morning, we went to my nephew's t-ball game - I don't really know the score, but it was great to watch.

The rest of the weekend has been yard work, chatting with my neighbor, homework, church with friends, and more home- and house- work. I'll continue to keep you updated. Love - Jess

No comments: