Sunday, April 23, 2006

"B" month

I'm sure most of you have a music selection much like mine - a burgeoning collection of CDs, many of which you've probably forgotten existed. While organizing my CDs over the holidays, I decided to systematically revisit each CD - each month would have me listening to CDs in alphabetic order. Now, as Kob and Jonathan will tell you, "A" month lasted a little too long, but I have finally moved on and am now in the midst of "B" month.

Its a good idea - I encourage you to do the same. You get to listen to old favorites, and if they are slightly embarrassing (e.g., Michael Bolton and Time, Love, and Tenderness - okay, more than slightly embarrassing :), you can just explain it away with, "But it is "B" month." It is also an opportunity to purge - for example, I realized that BNLs Stunt album is in no way comparable with their wonderful live album with "If I had a million dollars" on it, and since I didn't enjoy listening to it and could not remember why I purchased it, I will now get rid of it. It is also a period of enlightenment - I realized again how much I love Garth Brooks - what is he up to these days anyway?

And now we've reached the conclusion of "Deep Thoughts by Jess".

5 comments:

JDRichSLP said...

Jeeeez, what did you go and talk about that for? Just kidding babe. I actually think that is a good idea. However, I didn't hear this "music thing" personally from you....oh my God, are we drifting apart? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy? Just kidding again! How is your Barry Manilow? Stop lying girl, you know you got it. Don't throw Boyz II Men away (Wanya an 'em is still tight). I will stop now. I miss you and will talk to you soon.

Love, Brent

JDRichSLP said...

Boy - you are walking a fine line with your 4th and 5th sentences. There will be consequences...
And Barry Manilow isn't until "M" month, wisebutt. Finally, I would listen to the Boyz, but that is the only CD you took with you to Osan :) We know you listen to it everyday! -- Jess

Jill, Chuck, and Andrew said...

Only Jess would come up with an idea likem this!

Jill, Chuck, and Andrew said...

Barry's last name is Manilow. Can you tell me what that is from?

JDRichSLP said...

Road Trip, right? Barry Manilow? What's my prize?