Sunday, January 22, 2006

Some insight

A few things you might want to know about me (if you haven't figured it out by now :)...

-->I turn off my cell phone ringer for school, work, and church, and often forget to turn it back on.
-->I do not engage in phone conversations when I am in the company of others.
-->I love my pets.
-->I love God, even when He confuses me.
-->I am very forgetful - I misplace keys, wallets, purses, leashes, papers - you name it. I can remember some birthdays, but usually miss them when they arrive because I have lost track of which day and date of the week it currently is. I can remember entire monologues from movies but forget where we agreed to meet for lunch. And the list goes on ...
-->I am an organization freak.
-->I often do not answer the home phone when I am doing homework - sometimes because I am ignoring it, other times because I am so engrossed that I honestly don't hear it.
-->I finally learned that the friends and family you love the most have the most power to hurt you, and that it is okay - that is how love works, and if you don't take that risk, you can never experience it.
-->My feelings are hurt very easily, but I have become aware of this, and have begun to recover in a more timely fashion.
-->I love music - any kind, anywhere, any noise level...
-->I am stubborn. Bull-headed. Extremely.
-->I hate being married, but single. You know what I mean, right? I got married to be with Brent, you know?
-->I like to be right. Prefer it greatly. But I'm getting better at admitting when I'm wrong.
-->I sometimes freak out about minor situations very easily, and then can turn around and be completely calm about something much more important.
-->I don't work well with last-minute anything -- schedule changes, impromptu plans, surprises, etc. I like plans, planning, planners...
-->I have just learned to start saying "no" to avoid overextending myself. Not everyone appreciates this new quality.
-->I actually like being a student (most of the time). I love being a speech path (most of the time). And I finally like and appreciate research (most of the time).
-->I don't like to talk on the phone, but I try, really hard. I prefer face to face.
-->I am too hard on myself.

I think that is enough information for you today...Talk to you soon - Jess

2 comments:

Jill, Chuck, and Andrew said...

I never knew you liked being right :)

JDRichSLP said...

You are wrong for that ... :)