Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 Random Things

I did this for Facebook, and it was really fun to read others posts, so I thought I'd share it here too and encourage you to do the same...

Rules:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

25 random things about me:
1. I lose my keys at least 2x a day. This means I lose my mind at least 2x a day.
2. I’ve been skydiving, but Brent is actually the more adventurous one – just ask the stingrays in Cancun.
3. Cruises are my favorite.
4. I am a master burp artist. I accidentally burped one time when singing the National Anthem at a race...but I don't think anyone heard it - they hired me again the next year :)
5. I am terrified of grasshoppers and crickets. I have a reason. It is valid.
6. I have completed a sprint triathlon and a half-marathon. I am an “Athena” and I am proud of it.
7. I’m a Federali. ;)
8. My marriage works because my husband is a comedian. And we go to God when it is hard.
9. I gain weight like it is my job – one of those really easy ones that require little effort and that you can never get fired from.
10. I love my feet and hands. They are my best feature.
11. I wish I were sometimes more bold in the expression of my faith.
12. My goal is to Love God and Love Others, and to “at all times be a witness – when necessary, use words.”
13. I love American Sign Language. Once I finish my doc, I will be looking into Interpreter certification.
14. I know every song from Beaches, Sound of Music, Wicked, Les Miserables, White Christmas, Chicago, Dirty Dancing, Grease, “Queen to be” from Coming to America…and many more. When I sing these songs, I do so at the top of my lungs and with theatrical gestures. I am a movie and music FREAK!
15. I have cancelled plans and avoided people because I thought I was too ugly and fat to walk out of the house. Of course, I give other reasons, and I know this is wrong.
16. I am accident prone – just ask the treadmill at BodyPlex in Athens, and my bike, and Brent, and Jonathan, and…
17. I have been attacked by a dog during a run – I had to run all the way home and drive myself to the EMT station.
18. I have a tattoo. If I had to do it all over again, I probably wouldn’t.
19. I am not naturally social – I am an introvert and it takes work for me. Most of my social skills were learned waitressing and bartending.
20. I am ENTHUSIASTIC about things that I like, love, and that inspire me. This includes my career, which allows me to, not change the world but, change someone’s world.
21. The only other emotions (besides #20) that I easily express are sympathy/empathy. I rarely cry and when I do, it’s the volcanic ugly snotty sobbing unintelligible uncontrollable version, which usually occurs at an extremely inopportune time.
22. My last office was actually a closet. Seriously – it is now the paper closet.
23. I hate talking on the phone, for three primary reasons: 1) an extended long distance relationship w/ my now husband that began in 1998 and just ended when he separated from the Air Force in 2007, 2) I can’t hear very well and have a difficult time understanding , and 3) people lie – I don’t trust words alone, I need to be looking at them.
24. My family has given me the greatest joy and has also caused me the greatest pain.
25. I have vowed to learn something new, every day, for the rest of my life

No comments: