Wednesday, December 06, 2006

December already?

The verdict is in…I am officially too isolated and lonely. I was at the coffeehouse (again), and I started up a conversation with some random person. Several seconds into the conversation, I realize that I am one of those people! Oh nooooooooooooooooo!

Anyway, not much going on here. Just winding down the semester with finals, giving them and taking them.

Summary of events since…goodness, was October the last blog? Lots of events to summarize. Hmmm…

Suffered through an election in which negative publicity was the standard. It was amazing that we were asked to vote for people who had to say absolutely nothing about what they had done, what they were doing, or what they were going to do in the future for their constituents. The only requirement was to talk trash about their opponent. So, now we get to vote for people based upon…who is the most persuasive trash-talker, I guess.

Trip to the ASHA convention in Miami to present a poster session with colleagues and mentors. Had a GREAT time, though Miami must be one of the most unattractive cities I’ve ever visited.


Robin, Dr. Marshall, Dr. Andreatta, Dr. Bothe, me, Jason





My wonderful mentor, Dr. A (aka "Coach" or "Rico")






Jason and I by our poster


My brother and sister-in-law were baptized – wow, what a wonderful day that was!

Holidays…Thanksgiving w/ both sides of my family and w/ Brent’s family (including visitors from Chicago), housewarming party for my extended family, GA-GT game (woo-hoo!) with friends and fam, and…that is about it I believe.


Hangin' w/ Brent's extended fam, low country boil style after a big GA game

Jonathan and Ansley - she LOVES him!




Baby shower for a friend who is having her first.


Brent and I are expecting two new nephews (or nieces) :)

Brent has some exciting (and scary) news that I will let him share with you later. Meanwhile, we are freezing our behinds off - we both have gas heat at our separate residences, and cannot afford to keep it very warm. We were talking on the phone the other night, both of our teeth chattering, and we were INSIDE! Crazy...come on warm weather.

That’s all for now folks. I will post pictures from all of these events after finals.

Love ya - Jess

1 comment:

Jill, Chuck, and Andrew said...

How you gonna say there is exciting and scary news and not share it?