Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I should be working...

I'm sitting here in my office - assignments are piling up, research demands are growing, time is wasting away, and I should be working. I'm just fresh out of energy to think. So I thought I'd write, for real this time, as it is a much more mindless process compared to what I have been doing lately.

Our family has a new addition - a new car that is. We were one of those couples that drove one of those horrible, not-earth-friendly SUVs - we bought it for our 120-lb dog that recently passed away. As gas prices kept rising, my spirits kept sinking, and I decided to bite the bullet and trade it in (for next to nothing, but what can you do - they know they aren't going to get any money for it, and no one is stupid enough to buy it from me in a private sale) and get a vehicle with better gas mileage. Its a shame when you don't get to worry about car safety anymore when buying a car - gas mileage is where its at. A safer car =s a heavier car =s less mileage per gallon - so, can't worry about safety these days.

Anyway, we now own a Scion XB - kind of ugly, a shoebox on wheels - but VERY roomy and 31 city/34 hwy miles per gallon. Next purchase - if I ever graduate and begin to actually contribute to the family income - will be a hybrid or electric car (though it would be great if we could just teleport by then :).

Well, I must get back to work - constraint-induced therapy is calling my name...

2 comments:

Brent said...

Your "can't worry about safety these days" line is funny buster. I don't know why, but it just is.

Brent said...

Yeah, I should be working too. I am procrastinating as usual. I wanted to check out your Blog spot to see what wisdom you had to pass on to the rest of us. Hey, that SB thing is driving me mad. What does it mean? I am figuring something related to your triathalon training. You are so dedicated in meeting your goals. I am proud of you! Don't tell me... I will try to figure it out. In the meantime, I have to get back to work- Love you.